Monday 1 January 2018

WISHING YOU AN AWESOME 2018

Hello. Welcome.  I would like to wish all my readers

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope you had a fabulous and safe celebration last night and are all ready for new challenges and opportunities.  First one of the year for me is a new challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps.  In the spirit of everything new the challenge is going to be one mega month long party with a colour and a theme option, so you can pick your favourite.  The theme is Vintage, but I went with the colour option for my inspiration piece.



I started by making a background using turquoise, ultra marine, violet and purple Brusho crystals and lots of water.  Lots!!  My brusho's swam about .  Then I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die.


I took the long skinny stamp from Rubber Dance Pines Fir Yews set and stamped it and embossed.  I was tempted to stamp it many times and then emboss them all at once, but I went one and one, embossing with Christmas Green and Leaf powders until I had built up a pleasing mound of foliage.  


I brayered some blue Aztec paint from Colourcraft on a piece of card and stamped and embossed the bird from Rubber Dance A Little Birdie stamp set.  I fussy cut it and added some orange and olive green colour using Promarkers.  I stamped Rubber Dance Happy Birthday sentiment and embossed it wth the Leaf embossing powder.  I used an olive green mat and a black card base.

You will find the challenge link up and masses more fabulous inspiration from the team

and/or MAKE IT VINTAGE

15 comments:

Sue said...

This is wonderful Gail, I love your zingy colours, and it's just beautifully put together. Wishing you and your family a very happy 2018. Sue xx

Bibi Lindahl said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Gail! Love the purple background with the bright green on top that pops! That skinny stamp is made from a larch twig nature print and I have to admit it's one I haven't used in a very long time - but seeing how you did this card makes me want to dust my stamp off and have some fun with it! Thanks for the inspiration and for your lovely challenge card. Here's to a very happy, peaceful and creative 2018! ♥

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love how you have brought those distinctive colours to life Gail, fabulous use of the colour theme. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year.. Warm wishes Tracey x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Happy New Year to you, Gail! Love the Lime green so much better than the drab olive from the challenge picture! Fantastic card!

Ink Art Designs said...

Happy New Year Gail!!! Here's hoping that 2018 will be a great one.
I absolutely looove this card. The colours leap off the page and catch your eye.
Dot x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a lovely card and I really like your take on the colour combination. It’s just perfect for a winter birthday. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

brenda said...

Love the vibrancy of colours here Gail, both the lovely ink background and the stamping, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Happy new year! !
I wish you a year filled with peace, good health and happiness.
Ryoma.

maria f. said...

Bright and beautiful, Gail! Happy 2018.

Gunn Anita said...

Beautiful art work:) and so lovely colors:) Thank you for joyning Kreativ scrapping blogg challenge

craftytrog said...

Love those colours Gail! A gorgeous card!
Alison xox

Inger Marie said...

Beautiful cardb♥
Thank you for joining us at Kreativ Scrapping
Hugs from Inger Marie (DT)

Eva R. Fandrem said...

Fab card and gorgeous colours!
Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappegarasjen!
DT-Eva

Gemma Hynes said...

Bright and beautiful, I love the colour combination. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the Love to Create blog.

Gemma Hynes said...

Beautiful card, great colours. Thank you for joining in the challenge at The Artistic Stamper.